Learn about AFAPA (Alabama Foster and Adoptive Parent Association) by clicking on any of the below icons.
The mission of the AFAPA is to provide education and support to foster and adoptive parents all across the state. Our vision is to see that you as foster and adoptive parents are successful in your endeavors. Toward that end, we continuously search for educational activities along with other resources to make available to you.
- Advocate on behalf of foster and adoptive parents
- Provide and promote quality training and education, ensuring the highest level of excellence in foster and adoptive care
- Promote the development of local foster and/or adoptive parent associations throughout the state
- Develop partnerships with other child advocacy agencies and organizations
- Actively participate in the recruitment and retention of foster and adoptive parents
- Inform membership of this association and others of the general public of current information pertaining to the well-being of children in care and their families
- Develop ways to track and increase membership
- Maintain a secure financial base to support association goals
- Develop a resource network for foster and adoptive parents
The AFAPA Board of Directors support the needs of foster, adoptive, & kinship/guardian parents throughout the state of Alabama.